Thursday, September 25, 2008

September Rainbows

Wow, has it really been a month since I last posted anything on this poor, forsaken blog? My apologies....besides my expanding waistline, it has been same 'ole, same 'ole 'round here. But, I'm not complaining....it has been GOOD monotony! And I never believed I could say that. As burdensome as pregnancy can be, I've felt an increase of love and joy for my sweet family as well as the growing miracle inside of me. Generally, this swelling consumes the daily aches and pains and my new-found euphoria and appreciation for simple life has made this pregnancy actually....I can't believe I'm going to say this....enjoyable (ha!). I have felt so at peace this pregnancy and so much more settled in this role of motherhood. Life is good and about to get even better (less than 3 weeks now)! Such is Lee family life.

Here are some shots taken early this month after one of the wonderful fall rain showers (love those!). Unfortunately, I am not a professional photographer (even with the Canon Rebel XTi) and couldn't capture the vivid colors in that rainbow (or the second rainbow you can't see). Still beautiful...you get the idea. Oh, and I mean to add a post about this soon, but you may also want to note that, yes, our front yard is landscaped (minus trees and other foilage yet to come).....yipeeee! We are laying sod in the back this weekend (anyone want to come? :)) and I'll be adding a post so you can see some before and after pics of the entire, summer-long (year long, really) project. I never thought I would love and appreciate grass and a landscaped yard so much!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Your lawn looks beautiful! And I can see the rainbows. You guys should come over for the next game since you couldn't make it for the last one.