Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just a KID continued...

I'm not sure where my angelic little boy went to, but the last few days he has been FULL OF IT. His newest obsession is to ask "why?" after everything I ask him to do. Jesse, being the better disciplinarian, has been able to get Jonah to recognize (with a little reminding) that he is being rude and should say "yes, mom/dad" instead. This works great and he usually turns back into the angel I know so well for at least a few minutes.

This afternoon, I was getting a movie ready for Jonah to watch (so I could take a quick 'recharge my prego battery" cat-nap) and I layed my head on his soft Thomas chair. He came in and yelled at me for laying on his chair and grabbed my hair to pull me off. Not acceptable. I told him he could go into time-out in his bedroom to think about a better way he could have talked to his mom and until he could say 'sorry'. He ran into his room and instead of fake-crying like usual, he started to loudly grumbled these words - "I hate girls! Ugh, there just so....so mean, like my mom. I like boys, they are okay. But, girls.....I hate girls!".

Eventually, he told me he was ready to say 'sorry' and gave me a hug and a kiss to make up for being mean (which he acknowledged). Still, where did my sweet little boy go and, more importantly, will he come back???

5 comments:

Carina said...

They kind of don't come back ever in the same way.

Heather said...

Let me know when you find him again. I think him and Christian are hiding out together. I was talking to my sis-in-law and she told me 3 year old boys are the worst but that they do come back. It gave me some hope. what's up with these boys?!

Crawfords said...

I don't recall whether Austin is slightly older than Jonah or slightly younger, nevertheless, we too are in the mean 3 year-old times. I cursed us really. As he ended being 2 I verbalized this comment to Angie, "You know, everyone says 'Terrible 2's, but I don't think Austin was bad at all." And that was that. On came the nasty, naughty, spiteful, mean, vindictive 3's. Angie never lets me live it down, especially because I get to go to work every day and I'm kind of the hero when I come home. She has to live with him all day every day. I think all we can do is hold on for dear life and hope it'll be over soon. All my sympathies.

fijiangirl said...

They only come back in few sporadic moments. Which can melt your heart but too bad they aren't every day. I see it in my 6 year old son with the way he treats his 2 year old brother but not so much with the way he treats me.

Leslie said...

Oh Kaisa Dear, how I can relate! Welcome to their dark side.