Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Zermatt Retreat


Heavenly. This is the word that best describes our past weekend. With the purchase of our new home last May, our Mortgage Broker gave us a night's stay in his condo at the Zermatt Resort and Spa as a 'thank you'. We've been waiting since May to use it (it's a happening place) and ended up picking the perfect weekend. The temperatures up in Midway were amazing and the leaves were full of color. Jesse and I had a great time swimming in the pool/hot tub, eating an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet (soooo good), sleeping in :), working out in their fitness room, and relaxing in the aroma steam rooms/saunas. The highlight Saturday afternoon was a fly fishing excursion for Jesse to a nearby beautiful river and a chance for me to finally use the spa gift certificate my client had given me for Christmas last year. Their spa was incredible and I got the massage and pampering of my life - I don't think I have ever felt more relaxed! Later that night we ate in Heber and headed up to Sundance to one of our yearly favorites - a Peter Breinholt concert in the outdoor ampitheater. On the way home, I mentioned to Jess that it felt like we were coming out of a dream into real life again. We were grateful for the retreat!! Thanks Grandma Carol, Brett & Ashley and Nana for taking care of our kid!

2 comments:

Russ & Darcie said...

Sounds like a dream indeed! Our family went up to the Sheepdog Competition at Soldier Hollow a few weekends ago and Zermatt was the sponsor. We bought a commemorative mug and some good rootbeer! That was the first we had heard about Zermatt. We're glad you were able to have such a great getaway!

Tracie said...

You guys have amazing lives, can I just say that?!? You and Jesse are about as outdoors as Mike and I have always wanted to be. We actually often just lie to people and say we are, as we are official wannabees. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!