
Okay, so I'm finally catching up! Our recent Labor day adventures included the ever-eventful
Payson Onion Days. Friday night we decided to rekindle some school spirit and attended the intense, rival
Payson vs. Spanish Fork football game.
Payson lost miserably (which was not the prediction - doesn't it always happen that way when playing the rival team?), but we enjoyed one of the best firework shows I've ever seen in the field adjacent the stadium. I wish I had a video camera to capture the comments/reactions from my independent 2 year old - he was a hoot! We had a blast. Monday, Jesse had to work (who works on Labor day??) so Jonah and I attended the 2 hour Onion Days Parade which featured marching bands/bag pipe bands from the famed
Payson High all the way to the oh-so-popular (and

populated)
Tintic High. I think there were Royalties to match as well. Jonah sat in anticipation to see the fire engines, police cars and his favorite as of this year - Smoky the Bear. After the parade, I headed off to meet the Lee girls for a good chic flick - Becoming Jane (cried like a baby). When DH came home from work later that night, we picked up a good friend in
Payson and headed up to the Carnival (which was SCARY - if you want to see a side of
Payson you wouldn't normally during the day, this is where you want to go). Jonah had a BLAST riding the rides all night. We had a great time!



1 comment:
Kaisa, it looks like you had a very eventful summer--I love all the pics. I have wanted to see Becoming Jane--sounds like it was a good movie if you cried. :)
Post a Comment