Monday, March 8, 2010

5 Years Old & Wiser Too....

Jonah turned 5 today....and I cried while saying our prayer over dinner thanking the Lord for him in my life. His incredible little spirit and personality has enriched my life in more ways than I could ever count. On our way home from getting some party supplies from the store this morning, he suddenly started tearing up and said "Mom, when I think of all the nice things people have given me for my birthday, it makes me want to cry". I don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet soul, but I am thankful! Jonah wants to be everyone's friend and does a good job at it. I love that every time he goes to a friend's house to play, the parents always tell me what a breath of fresh air it is to have him come over because he is so good and considerate. I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't - he is my little angel. When asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he response is still the same - salad with tomatoes, avacodos, cucumbers and lots of vegetables. Besides the veggies, he did divulge that he loves roast beef (thankfully, because the rest of the family was starting to groan). :) His favorite color is red; his favorite animal is a giraffe; his current favorite fantasy worlds consist of Pokemon, dinosaurs and Spiderman; he wants to be a Paleontologist when he grows up and the Ankylosaurus is one of his favorite dinos; he loves to be outdoors on adventures with dad and his happiest when outside; he told me the other day that he has no interest in playing video games and doesn't want any (which was surprising since all his friends are obsessed); he loves the new/old (it was mine when I was a kid) bunk bed we set up for his birthday. Last, but not least, he is doing amazing at his spelling and reading. In fact, just today he informed me (while using the foam letters to spell in the bathtub) that he figured out how to spell the word "FART" all by himself. Wow. What can I say? I am a proud mamma. :) He is my buddy, my helper and one of the greatest kids I know.

Love you, Jonah!!! Happy birthday!!!!

*I'll add more pictures about the weekend of partying in another post. Here a shot of the Pokemon-themed cake I made for him.


5 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy birthday! I LOVE that cake! I think we might be driving through Santaquin to get to Oregon, so we'll make sure to let you know! Kennedy talks about Jonah and Asher all the time and it makes me sad to have to tell her that they are in Utah.

Rachel said...

Okay, you're such a cute mom and I know that has a lot to do with Jonah being so adorable too! What a joyful post - made me feel so good inside! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You're pro at making cakes! That looks awesome! Jonah is so sweet! Tell him happy late birthday for me ;)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Jonah! Can't believe we have 5 YEAR OLDS! Jonah is such a great kid. We love him! The other day I was talking with Christian about his obsession with video games and I made the comment that he needs to not just want to go to friends houses to play their games. (Since we don't own any of our own). And he commented back, "Well I love Jonah, he's one of my best and he doesn't even like screen (video) games." LOL Thankfully it's getting warm now and he's been living outside!!! Love this weather!

CandiShack said...

K I finally found your blog! (Duh, it was right there on your facebook page...) anyway, ohhhhh your boy sounds sooooo sweet! I love it! K now I need to read more of you blog...