Working, playing, learning, praying, fishing, climbing, hiking, running, spinning, hunting, singing, dancing, laughing, drawing, thinking, reading, loving.
Friday, February 19, 2010
The many faces of Asher
Here he is - Mr. Personality. About 10 months have gone by since I've posted anything on this growing, animated, energetic kid. He is 16 months old now and so much fun. He loves to make us laugh - just the other day, the three of us (Jonah, Asher and I) were eating lunch together when Asher decided to be a comedian. He would look at me with a forced serious face and in a forced, deep, raspy voice would say "hey mommmm", "hey mooommy", "hey nonnna (Jonah)". After each time, he would crack up laughing and so would Jonah and I. Maybe you had to be there - it was hilarious. The best part was that he was intentionally trying to make us laugh. Asher means "joyful" in Hebrew. I knew it when he was growing inside me, I knew it when I felt prompted, no, pushed to read "The Giver" (which has a happy-go-lucky character named Asher in it) before he was born, I knew it as a majorly sleep-deprived mom during his stubborn and horrific first 6 months, I realize it every time he looks at me with his little mischievous, feisty expression and then breaks out into giggles. He is my joyful (and determined) little man. Thanks for spicing up our lives, Asher-bud.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, those pictures are killer cute! I wish I could hear him talking! And you don't need to catch up, just put some things up here sometimes because I want to see!! :)
Post a Comment