Monday, May 26, 2008

A Day Out with Thomas!

Today was a big day. The magic was thick. Thomas the Tank Engine came to Heber in life-size form and we had a ticket to ride. At 3 years old, life doesn't get much better. It turned out to be a cold, rainy day, but that didn't damper the pure bliss of seeing that favorite friend riding the rails - close enough to touch. Jonah donned his new 'Union Pacific' conductor hat (thanks G&G Lee!) and loved every minute of the time we spent at the 'train station'. It was so sweet to watch Jonah wave good-bye (three times) as we left - "Thank you for coming, Thomas. I will miss you!" He got a nice "toot-toot" in response to top it all off. Nana joined us for the event as well which made it extra special. As Jonah and I rode in 'Annie' (the name of Thomas' first coach), we watched out the window and pretended we were on Sodor Island (where Thomas lives). I love being a parent at times like this for the chance to re-live the magic of childhood and make-believe! Doesn't get much better. :)

3 comments:

fijiangirl said...

Great pictures! How fun.

Tracie said...

Oh, how I wish we had all of the money we have spent on Thomas. We could have a down on a house. Jonah looks adorable. What a lucky boy! And you, you BEAUTIFUL prego.

Ashley said...

He looks like he had so much fun! I can't wait until Kennedy wants to do stuff like that. Your blog is so cute. Did Brett tell you that we have one now? I'm still learning, but you should check it out!