Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kites and umbrellas

This weekend we had fun playing with two of Jonah's favorite birthday presents. Friday night, Jonah's awesome Uncle Chris, Aunt Brenda and fam gave Jonah the sweetest 'Bob the Builder' umbrella ever. He was instantly in love and we actually became grateful for all the winter sleet/rain/snow we received all weekend and the chance to use it. It came with us into the grocery store, to church and was a constant companion all weekend. Thanks guys - you scored big points with this 3-year-old!



We also had a blast on Saturday spending time with Steve, Lori, Macie and new baby Nick as they visited from Redlands, CA. Our best part - having a perfect windy day to pull out Jonah's other favorite birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Lee - kites! I had forgotten how much fun flying a kite is and how much childlike joy it brings. We didn't get any pictures, but we plan to pull those babies out as much as possible this spring/summer! Thank you Lee's for your thoughtful gifts! Jonah is a lucky kid.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Kiasa-
Jed is the man you need to talk to on our cute blog. I can't take credit. But I do know where to get 100's of "cute" blogger screens. www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates Goodluck though you'll be on there for-ev-er! They literally have 100's to pick from, kinda fun though. :)

Heather said...

kaisa-
SORRY, I spelt your name wrong on my last comment!

Tracie said...

I think Maddie's Bob the Builder is Thomas the Train:) Too bad it's about $1000 a train.