Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Employee of the Quarter

The company I work for (up in Seattle) has been awarding 'Employee of the Quarter' to a member of my department every few months, including a $100 Visa card. So far, the two that have received it have definitely deserved the praise. While reading the email praising my co-worker Tessa (whom I adore!), I told Jesse it was most likely something I would never qualify for since I work on what I call "an island" as the only one working from home on a part-time status. He could tell I felt down about not being entirely a part of a team and only receiving feedback from a 3 year old who tells me "you're done working now, mom. come play with me!". Jesse got me back into perspective by reminding me that I have the best set-up in the world and I really shouldn't be asking for more than that. So true. I would have been totally grateful for my sweet husband even if that is all he had done to show me support; however, it doesn't end there.

Yesterday, Jesse brought in the mail when he came home from work and as I sorted through the pile I gasped when I saw a hand-addressed envelope from the Seattle office. I opened it and read a typed letter informing me that they silently considered me 'Employee of the Quarter' and wanted to thank me for all my hard work. Included was a $100 Visa gift card. I shoved the letter into Jesse's hands and got emotional as I said "Jess, you'll never believe this!". Then, the small smile on my husband's face and the source of the Visa gift card (Utah Community Credit Union) gave it away. My sweet husband had faked the whole thing. I cried (prego hormones) realizing what a great husband I have to have been so thoughtful and put the effort in to make me feel more appreciated. Here's to him - thanks, Jess! You are such a great friend to me. I love you!

6 comments:

C Whetten said...

That really was thoughtful. He must be a very special person. I think that you have the best of both worlds going for you. Working from home and staying home and being a mom. It was fun to see your blog.

Tracie said...

Employee of the freakin century at Enhance! Kaisa, you were always an inspiration to me. Such an amazingly honest and hard worker.

Life in the Alps of Switzerland said...

What a beautiful love the two of you share! And how lucky we feel to see of glimpse of it through your Blog. All the best for your family...and yes, we too hope that one day we can have a train, tram & gondola day together! It would be wonderful.
ps. i'll look into the cost of a like-a-bike in U.S. dollars. They seriously are so cool!!
love you all! -Kenzie & Fam

Chelsea said...

Ah how sweet. The story of our lives at Enhance/Marchex...not being recognized for all our hard work!

Carina said...

You deserve it more than anyone, and they're a fool not to give it to you every month :)

Brenda Lee said...

I really couldn't expect anything less from Jesse. He is such a good man/husband. We really scored with our "Lee boys!" And, speaking of scoring, he scored with you too. You both are terrific souls!