Okay, so I’ve been tagged multiple times now. Here goes…
The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I am altering this a bit and entitling it “6 reasons I could be a super-hero”.
1) Last week at the grocery store, because Jonah refuses to sit in a cart and refuses to follow the instructions “just look with your eyes”, I saved several rows of large pickle jars from crashing to the floor (talk about ninja reflexes!). A store employee came around the corner and gave me an odd look for lying on the floor holding 5-6 pickle jars in my arms and the rest of the shelf looking like a row of pickle-jar dominos. I think I must have had some extra help from on high with that one.
2) At various moments in my week I can sometimes be found in a closet managing to maintain a somewhat professional conversation with one of my clients while Jonah searches the house trying to find me. The garage and bathroom are also alternative refuges when Jonah comes to talk (yell) while I am on a work call…..that or running through the house while he chases me, all the while answering questions and offering strategic propositions to major online advertisers. Those of you that thought being a work-at-home mom sounded pretty cool…..hmmm, I hope this helps. :)
3) I have a super-human sense of smell. If you don’t believe me, ask my husband. I am especially sensitive to the smell of mice – dead ones in particular. I can walk into a house (and I have many times) and smell the exact location behind a wall or major appliance where a mouse has died. No one else can usually smell it and think I am nuts until I prove them wrong. When pregnant, it is out of this world. Jesse thinks I need to be hired by the government.
4) When climbing a mountain, I have been called WonderWoman because I usually get my 2nd wind between 12,000 – 14,000 feet and feel like I could run, jump, skip and sing at the top of my lungs (which I have) – even if I am working my way up a nearly vertical glacier while being pegged by chunks of ice flying at 65-75 mph. My dream job is to be a high-altitude anthropologist.
5) I am not afraid of heights. At all. My husband has found himself cringing on multiple occasions while I comfortably “hang out” at the top of a 15-20 foot boulder with hand/foot holds about 1/4 an inch in width (my favorite). For some reason, the part of my brain that should feel fear in this situation doesn’t work. In fact, I love it.
6) I am awful, horrible, dreadful at keeping myself awake while driving late at night. It lulls me right to sleep and there is nothing I can do to keep myself awake. There have been a couple of occasions where I have looked at the clock, fallen asleep and then awoke to discover I had been driving for a full 20 minutes, still on the road going in the right direction. Okay, so I am not going to claim this as a super-human power. I know very well that I must have multiple angels keeping me alive in these situations! And for those of you that are now scared for your own lives, I no longer drive late at night if I can avoid it AT ALL.
I am tagging the following (you can just email if you don't have a blog....and sorry in advance!) - Mom (Kathleen), Annie, Anaka, Nicole, Stefani and Amanda.
No comments:
Post a Comment