On July 10th, my AWESOME sisters and I raced in the
Adventure Race for Africa where we canoed (1 mile), biked (12 miles) and ran (3 miles) side-by-side as a team to send money to children in Africa through some great local charities. In Auntie Annie's words, "It was a HOOT!". :) Yes, yes it was. Since we knew our chances of winning based on speed were slim, we decided to use our team name "Thor Girls" and create costumes to race in in hopes that we would win in that category. We stayed up 'til all hours knitting our fabulous handbands, wings, belts and arm bands. A and A took care of our matchy tanks and even ironed on "Thor Girls" to the back so we were totally official.
And was it worth it?....Of course! We all won for best costume and got ourselves some seriously cool hand-carved African salad 'tongs'. Plus, we helped out the kids in Africa....what wouldn't be worth it for that???
Thanks ladies for a fantastically super good time.



Apparently I won for the most belt sweat at the end.....Mmmm, lovely.
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! Good job. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to finish it. :)
Post a Comment