Friday, July 24, 2009

Kid Napped

A while back the kids and I were playing when we heard what sounded like a door open and close. I checked and locked the doors and we kept playing. Later in the afternoon, I went to check on Jonah who had been playing by himself for a little while - I couldn't find him anywhere. I searched every inch of the house, the backyard, the garage, the front yard....I yelled and screamed his name and I started to panic like only a mother can. I was petrified, working hard to stay calm while toting Asher around in my arms and about ready to call for help. Finally, I stopped in Asher's bedroom and got on my knees. After a VERY fervent prayer, I looked up at Asher's crib and heard the words in my head "go look underneath it". Sure enough, there he was. Fast (and I mean fast - I had been yelling for him full volume!) asleep in the tiny sliver of space under the crib. I took a pic to document, kissed his hand and let him sleep. I can tell you one thing - I never want that feeling again!


3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your poor Mama heart! I bet that was so scary. He looks so cute though tucked in tight. That does not look comfortable!

Sarah said...

OH MY!!! I can't even imagine! What a lil' devil! :)

RoseAnna said...

Kasia- I can't even imagine what you must have thought!!! What a cute little family and a very cute blog! Come over and visit our blog anytime :) Love ya!