The Friday before Easter, we got a special treat. One of Jesse's long-time friends, Kenzie, and her beautiful two boys came to visit family in Utah from their home in Grindelwald, Switzerland. Kenzie and I have commented before on how we both live nearly parallel lives from different sides of the world. Kenzie and I have only met one brief moment at her wedding several years ago; however, through reading her blog and hearing stories from my husband, I have felt like Kenzie and I have been friends for a long time. She is one of those people that makes you want to be better....she has become one of my favorite people. One of the main things that still stands out to me from our few hours together that afternoon was a comment Kenz made about life and motherhood. In context to my questions about whether she has been climbing or wanted to rope up she responded with something like, "No, I'm a mom and that's what I do right now". That simple comment has stuck with me and I needed it at that point in my life. To everything there is a season.....sometimes that means you are a mom, wholehearted (which Kenzie is). In the future, maybe there will be a season for being more physically active, fit and a time to climb and enjoy outdoor adventure again. But, for now, I need to make sure I don't miss being a mom while they are young (it goes by so fast!). Thank you Kenzie for the profound reminder!
Here are some pics from our fun afternoon taking Kenzie's 3 year old, Bode, (such a sweet, cute kid!) climbing for the first time at The Quarry -
Here is Jonah doing his Spiderman swing
Bode tearing it up
Bode's contagious smile
No comments:
Post a Comment