
Two days ago Jonah and I had small sunburns, were wearing shorts and sandals and living off of Popsicles - it was nearly 90 degrees and sunny. Today? 40 degrees and it snowed at my house briefly this morning (the snow is down the mountain as well). It is wet, wet, wet and cold. Jonah and I wore multiple layers because we didn't want to pull out the winter clothes again or turn back on the heater. We had hot herbal tea and oatmeal for breakfast, hot chocolate and soup for lunch and then made a fire in the fireplace so we could stay warm while playing trains, puzzles and matching games. Jonah is now asleep with 4-5 blankets piled on top of him. While I type this, the tip of my nose is cold and my fingers are icy (big baby). Yet, I'm sure in my prayer over dinner tonight, I will thank the Lord for the 'moisture we've received'. :) I really am grateful. Promise. I just think some smoother weather transitions would be nice! :)
2 comments:
I KNOW! It is so crazy. you should see it in Park City. We had a literal snow storm yesterday! You would have thought it was impossible. I can't wait for the summer weather to hit that everyone raves about in PC. But I think we might skip summer and go right into winter 2009! Kais, you are such a magnificent mother. Jonah is one lucky boy.
um I hope you have nicer and warmer weather for the holiday weekend... I always love the BBQ's on Memorial day
Post a Comment