Saturday, March 22, 2008

More eggs...

Easter in March! Jonah froze through most of his second Easter egg hunt Saturday morning in Salem. However, I think the fact that he raked in more than 2 eggs this time made up for it....he kept telling me how great he was at 'hunting eggs' when it was over because he filled up his basket at least half-way. :) I think we have a professional in the making! We realized that Salem city also provides extra perks - each kid got to pick out a prize based on the ticket they were given. I can't believe how many kids I saw walking away with a nice bike! We weren't so lucky, but I think bunny bubbles will still bring much joy Easter morning.

Freezing mighty egg hunter

Later this afternoon, Jonah and I decorated some hard-boiled eggs. I didn't feel secure enough to allow my three year old to dip them in small buckets of dye (am I bad mom?), so we colored them with markers and slick sticks (cool crayola creation). Here is a taste of the Easter fun...
Egg artist focused on his work

Of course, Jonah wanted me to draw pictures of his favorite Bob the Builder characters. This is my gorgeous rendition of Lofty the crane. I had to draw each character around the entire egg. I think I'll practice more for next year! :(

Finished masterpieces which will be turned into deviled eggs tomorrow. Yum.

No comments: