Well, it isn't often I go to the blog for a little therapy and venting, but this morning I'm in need of it. :) It is 5:30am and I have been awake for the past 2 hours unable to sleep due to feeling majorly bummed. I know, I know.....drama QUEEN. It is the case of a major perfectionist who made one simple mistake that cost her the glory of winning a much anticipated climbing competition. But for some reason I can't shake it...I have been replaying the route in my head all night.....I get to that hold and instead of falling on the clip, I shake out and keep going....and make it to the top. This being my first route competition and first onsight competition, I've learned how intense, how close, how heart-wrenching it can be when a simple mistake or not making it one hold further can mean 2nd place instead of 1st, or in my case 4th.
Despite the outcome, I really had a blast. The isolation and onsight aspect of the comp were thrilling. I am still addicted and in LOVE with this sport! I CRAVE the rhythm; the connection of mind, body and rock. The pain. The physical and mental strength. The freedom. The elation. When it all works together, the combination is beautiful.
In competition with myself, I did fairly well. And who cares, right? I got to climb for 3 hours on a Saturday night with a huge group of fellow climbing addicts, had a great time and made my husband proud.
Feeling better already. :) Thanks for the listening ear.
1 comment:
Kais...
My dad always made me say this comment over and over when I was a wee one..."I am only in competition with myself"....over and over and over. Whatever the case may be, first or 431st, I still really really admire you.
Post a Comment